Saturday, January 14, 2012

Introduction Blog

My name is Taryn Scudder and I moved to Eugene in 2004 from Los Angeles, California with my daughter (Cailyn: age 10) and mom and dad (Pam and Billy).  Mostly, because we were able to find property with a guest house we could afford.  L.A. pricing at the time was in the 2 million range!  So north we went and this is where we found the perfect place.  Likes: my daughter, family, gardening, food from my garden, making kale chips, making spiced vinegar, cooking, singing, Love, beautiful sunsets, the full moon, long walks, writing, poetry, alchemy, the smell of roses, quantum physics, math, photography, flowers, trees, nature and natural things, politics, chocolate, The Beatles, horses, faire (CA Renaissance Faire), my friends and BFF's, I am lucky to have more than one, theater, good wine and a warm fire, John Lennon, good movies, creating things with my hands, playing guitar, creating music, fairies, the sweet sound of Cailyn laughing!  Dislikes: burnt chicken, empty container in the frig, toilet paper going the wrong way, bad drivers, tantrums, my daughter getting hurt, learning a hard lesson, a broken heart, traffic, all my friends living in L.A., no El Pollo Loco or In N Out Burger,  not getting paid for my art, not having someone to share my life with, politicians, the lack of concern for civic responsibility in a democracy, corporate greed, people who stand with a party even though they know its wrong, people who don't stand up for what is right, people who make children stop believing in magic! 

No comments:

Post a Comment